- Pink Lipstick: I am SOinto a light pink lip. I want it to look like it is matte on my lip, nothing with glitter or shimmer. I want my lips to look soft in comparison to the rest of what is going on with my face.
- Nars Blush in Sin: For the longest time I was wearing Nars Super Orgasm, a bright pink blush with TONS of glitter in it. The older I got the more I realized, glitter does not make you anymore attractive. And really, there comes a point where you look more like a contestant on Toddlers and Tiaras then you do a professional woman. Last year I went to Sephora and asked a cosmetologist there what her suggestion for me would be and she set me up with Sin. I really feel like it gives me a more defined cheekbone and it also makes me look more like a woman, less like a teen.
- L’Oreal Butterfly Mascara: I am so over spending $20 on mascara and replacing it what felt like every 3 months. I LOVE mascara and it can be one of the only things I wear sometimes. Again, I am lucky, I don’t need length I need volume. I want volume that doesn’t clump up and look gross. I saw L’Oreal Butterfly mascara on Tiffany D’s Intagram account. If you click the link it will take you to her Youtube channel to hear why she loved the mascara. Anyways, I saw her post the results of using it and I HAD to have it. Coming in at just $10 it doesn’t feel as bad buying a new mascara every few months. The other thing I LOVE is that the way the wand is shaped (like butterfly wings) it really grabs and lengthens and lifts your lashes while giving you body. I normally do one coat and by the time I do my second eye I go back and do another coat. It really helps plump up my lashes.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner: For the last 3 years I have been using a paint pot for my eyeliner. I am a wing eyed woman, and I have to have it perfect (the OCD side in me). The thing that has finally gotten to me is I HATE cleaning my brush after. Sometimes I do my make up on the way to an event while my husband is driving, and then I can’t clean my brush and the make up gets caked on. My other complaint is that when I don’t get my eyeliner right, I have to attempt to reshape my brush and start all over; it is just a mess!!! Again, I went to Sephora and asked what they could suggest and an alternative was given- Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner. I was skeptical when I bought it. It is a felt tip style application with a brush tip. I was amazed and blown away. It goes on so easily and it allows you to dictate how thick you want your wings! I have been sending shameless selfies on Snapchat because of my own pride in how I look!
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace: I am not a perfume woman. I never remember to spritz it on before I leave the house. I think part of this is because I very rarely find perfume that blends well with my natural skin oil. I can smell something and think it is wonderful, but the moment I put it on myself I am repulsed. This went on until I found Philosophy’s Amazing Graze. This scent is a very light fragrance, it smells clean with a hint of floral musk. It reminds me of everything womanly and maternal. I feel like it is a warm blanket wrapped into a smell. I normally just use the bath gel and lotion everyday and I always get complimented on my perfume. Little do most people know, I am not wearing a perfume, just my lotion. I love it.
I suppose the reason I decided to share all this with you is because I really just LOVE what I use. I also know that there are tons of women who are looking for something new and something they can love. And I really have loved these products and I recommend them very frequently to my friends. I want to know that the money I am spending is going to something that is worth it.
Pocket Owl Press